Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunrise to Sunset

Cliff (The Buccaneer)

The sun rises and sets with alarming speed these days.  I often find myself staring at the water and wondering what awaits us both on our voyage - and in our lives.  While the journey we have embarked upon isn't always easy (boats, especially old boats, are a ton of work), I do believe that every second holds an opportunity to learn something new, meet someone with a rich story, and become a better person than I previously managed.  Though Kluane is small with limited space, I do hope to amass memories to share with my family and friends.  Until then, let's sit and enjoy this sunrise...or is this a sunset?

Thinking Especially of You,
Cliff (Buccaneer)      


Jennifer (The Pearl)


Here I am studying the Northern Bahamas.  You might be thinking, they have been away for over a month and they are not in the Bahamas yet!?!  To make matters worse, the Bahamas are only 60 miles away from West Palm Beach.  So what's up?  Just like any big adventure, there is planning, prep and a shake down (remember all the trips to the Crest preparing for Iron Horse?)  Buccaneer and I have shopped, installed, cleaned, shopped, tightened, loosened, cleaned, lubed, tied up just about everything on our mighty vessel- she is ship shape and ready.  I have been reading about the Bahamas- Skipper Bob is the bomb!  The gulf stream is a serious crossing- and we are ready!  I have highlighted islands (they are called Cays, say Keys) in the guides for swimming, snorkeling, shelling, marinas to do laundry, trails to hike, the most beautiful beaches to practice yoga at... you get the idea!

I am super excited to be heading down to WPB this Wednesday to wait for a weather window to cross the gulf stream with my Captain to the clear, clean waters of the Bahamas!  

PS See the air conditioner in the companionway, it's history for the rest of our adventure!

The Pearl


Serious Research!

1 comment:

  1. HEY YOU !!!! SEE, I TOLD YOU YOUR HAIR WOULD JUST KEEP GETTING SHORTER AND SHORTER !!!! WAIT 'TIL YOU FEEL THE URGE TO SHAVE IT :-)
    AM LOVING YOUR LOG AND SEEING THE PICTURES.
    WARM HUGS TO YOU BOTH FROM ME AND P

    ReplyDelete