Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Making of A Fishy


Jennifer (The Pearl)

My experience with Florida is limited.  I've been here once before, with my best friend on a holiday and it rained most the time (MP, remember the sandals with the bling, we were cool before our time).  My only other exposure is through the thousands of WNYers who escape the cold Buffalo winter to the sunshine state to up their serotonin levels.  Since we arrived it has been hot (80-90's) and HUMID.  On the upside, this desert girl has totally turned a new leaf, or at least opening a new blossom.  When in Buffalo, I had frequently driven Erie, PA to go to the beach.  Now I feel totally lucky to be able to go to the Ocean!  Quite a change from a Great Lake, but both beautiful in their own way.  There are dozens of beaches within a stones throw here.  Cliff and I have taken a liking to Salerno Beach.  During our first month, the waves, undertow and rip currents were not conducive to a new swimmer, so I walked the shore, watched Cliff ride the waves and enjoyed the beach from my blanket.  Nadine, who I hear is a hurricane (again) had been sending weather our way causing the rougher waves.  This weekend as we arrived to the beach, I saw the yellow flag waving in the slight breeze!  Yah!  Cliff took me past the wave crash zone and I fell in love!  I experienced for the first time how to jump up with a small wave and how to dive under it (amazingly still).  I padded around, practiced my swimming and just enjoyed being in the water.  Thanks to Cristina for all the lessons and support!  The warm salt water gives me a clean, natural feeling.  So much so, I totally forget about the sand in my shorts!  

Surf's Up Dudes and Dudettes!



1 comment:

  1. How could I forget those sandals?! They were sweet!!!
    MP

    ReplyDelete