Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Land Ho Maties

The Pearl (Jennifer)

Land Ho Maties,

Today we pulled Kluane for summer storage.  Her new home provides her inland protection from hurricanes and inclement weather (it is predicted to be a busy season).  Her neighborhood is looking pretty posh, she's getting along quite well with the 13 million dollar sport fish, C'est la Vie.  Oh, to be a sailboat!

Captain and I have given Kluane our all this past month.  On Saturday, I swore I did Iron Horse (a bike ride from Durango to Silverton, CO).  Was I there?  Did I ride? My body sure felt like I did.  Captain couldn't buff her hull anymore today, we applauded the rain and reason to call it a day.  She has taken all we have.  Now to the next chapter of our cruise.  Tomorrow we tuck Kluane in and leave for Albuquerque- Airsream bound!  We are excited to start our land cruise and sad to leave our Kluane.

Can't wait to see my Albuquerque peeps! yah!

Love,
The Pearl



Captain and Mack Sails working Kluane's REAL engine, her sails

Old Winch
New Winch

 Patinaed Cleat

Amazing Florida Sunset

Kluane's teak rail stripped

Kluane's newly oiled rail (ohhh, ahhhh)

The amazing stove

Kluane in the lift well (looks like a big swing, eh?)

Barnacles on her bottom!

Klaune on the move (with the assistance of the lift)

ORBIT, Smooches! Yah, Topes!

Feeding the gossip machine

Jasmine flowers on our walks



No comments:

Post a Comment