Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bathtub Reef

The Pearl (Jennifer)

Happy Sunday,

The Buccaneer and I are enjoying our time in Florida.  We've been living aboard for 9 months now.  Reflecting on this time, we have seen such beautiful landscape & sea life, met amazing people (you know who you are) and have learned so much.  I was a non- swimmer who had never been on a sailboat.  Yep.  Learned a lot.  I've learned to cook with a 2 burner stove, no oven and a 2x2' refrigerator.  I've learned the significance of a west wind in the Exumas.  I know what a halyard is and what it does- and I know how to use it!  The list could go on...  What I am getting at, is I feel very lucky and blessed to have this opportunity.  The gift of time to travel, to explore, to experience it all with the man I love.  If you have a chance to travel, explore, do something that "stretches" you (ah, those Corporate words haunt me)- do it now!

Today we explored Bathtub Reef beach- amazing place full of treasure!  

Carpe Diem,
The Pear

                              Sabellariid Worm Reef- notice the color of the sand
                                                 I have never seen so many shells!
                                    Boat projects: Kluane's new dodger shades

                                  
                                      Boat projects: Kluane's new privacy curtain

No comments:

Post a Comment