Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Supper Time

Jennifer (The Pearl)

Food. Over the last year with my studies I have been very intimate with the subject of food.  I am confident my sailing experience will stretch and grow me in this area.  First things first, below is a photo of the salon.  Cliff used his great sense of style and has truly embraced the Florida palette with the color choices!  Under each of the benches, or sette's are our stores (provisions, food).  The small lips on the sides of the table are called fiddles- yes, so your meal does not end up in your lap!  My first impressions of cooking on a boat are fantastic, and very different than home cooking.  Absent are the television, the phone, the multi tasking (who doesn't throw in a load of laundry when they are preparing dinner?), the oven, counter space and more.  My attention is 100% on cooking and serving. Another benefit- we are eating our dinner seated.  Sounds kind of old fashion, however busy days and lifestyle made eating at the kitchen counter quite the norm.  Mindful eating and great conversation!  I am really enjoying the simplicity of dining on the boat.  There is also a oil lamp that once the sun sets, creates a great calming (romantic) atmosphere.  Bon appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment